Best Pizzerias In Koh Samui
Koh Samui is an upcoming tourist destination in Thailand that is fast beginning to rival the popularity of Phuket and Pattaya. Night markets, full moon parties, beachfront pubs and restaurants open throughout the night – there’s plenty of options for visitors to indulge in nighttime revelry here. Let’s not forget the famed traditional cabaret performances by ladyboys, the fire shows, and the boxing events. When in Thailand, these are all events you must experience.
One cannot miss out on the local Thai food in Koh Samui, but as a visitor, you will find that there are many cuisine options to explore. You do not have to restrict yourself from eating Thai day in and out.
Thailand receives tourists and travelers from around the globe and has accommodated for the tastes of all of these people by opening up cafes and restaurants that serve international cuisine.
Other than Thai cuisine, you will find many Indian and Mediterranean restaurants in Koh Samui. You will also stumble upon some very noteworthy restaurants serving Italian cuisine. You might seem apprehensive about trying out gnocchi on an island city in Thailand, but you won’t be disappointed.
Italian tourists traveling to Thailand, who have sampled these restaurants themselves, vouch for the authentic taste of these dishes.
Also, what’s a party without a pizza? Koh Samui has several pizzerias, some of which even run delivery service, to bring you your slice of happiness – right to your hotel room. What are these pizza delivery restaurants in Koh Samui, you ask? Without further ado, here’s introducing you to the top pizzerias serving some of the best pizzas in Koh Samui, Thailand –
Top pizza places in Koh Samui
1. Pizza Hug – An authentic pizzeria run by an Italian expat, Pizza Hug is relatively new as compared to other pizzerias in Koh Samui. It is located on Fisherman’s Village and is known for its satisfying thick-crust pizza. The pizzas served here are hearty and wholesome, but there’s not much scope for conversing with the chef/owner. Pizza Hug provides delivery service in Koh Samui. So, if you’re craving a big slice of meaty pizza – call Pizza Hug and have their pizza delivered to your doorstep. It’s not like you will be missing out on an ambiance to boast.
2. Federico’s – Federico’s in Bophut, Koh Samui sells pizzas in the Neapolitan style. Even though his menu is limited, his pizzas are unrivaled in taste. He focuses particular attention on how he makes the pizza dough, which is what makes his pizzas soft but chewy. One pizza from Federico’s is perfect for feeding one person’s appetite. The joint is extremely simple, so you need not come here and have a meal. If you’re short on time or visiting other places, feel free to avail their pizza delivery service. This way, you will be able to enjoy their pizza from the comfort of your temporary home.
3. Tropicana – Tropicana, in Lamai, is a legendary open-plan pizzeria. The pizzas served here are large in size but feature a thin crust, so they don’t fill you up all at once. As compared to the other places discussed above, the ambiance at Tropicana is worth checking out. Also, they play some excellent music to add to the mood of the environment. Tropicana is particular about the pizzas they serve on their menu. According to the Chef, they experimented with 20 different types of tomato sauce before settling on the one they currently use. The pizzas here are made with only the highest quality ingredients and with due care and attention. If, for some reason, you are unable to visit here – call Tropicana and avail their food delivery service. At least, you won’t be missing out on their delicious pizzas.
4. Da Bardo – This restaurant is run by Chef Bardo, who is a delightful personality who sources all his ingredients straight from Italy. No wonder, Italian tourists to Koh Samui recommend this pizzeria. The pizzas you get here are hugely proportioned. However, that does not mean they will fill up your appetite, so you won’t be able to sample more of Bardo’s culinary magic. Da Bardo serves both thin and thick crust pizza in Elba Island and Tuscany style. If you happen to be short on time, with no pizza place near you – Bardo’s is who you should call. Da Bardo’s pizza delivery service will deliver you your choice of pizza in a jiffy. You will miss out on a pleasant conversation or two with the loveable Chef, but the pizza will more than make up for it.
5. Pecore Nere – Pecore Nere pizzeria is located at the very end of Choeng Mon. The pizzas come from both Northern and Southern Italy influences. They are big, but the thin crust makes sure you can eat as much as you want. The Ferrari pizza is Pecore Nere’s bestseller, topped with authentic Truffle paste. The Chef says that the secret to the taste behind their pizzas is that all ingredients are selectively obtained from Italy and the high-quality mozzarella used.
6. Cibo e Vino – Cibo e Vino is the pizzeria you should avail food delivery from if you prefer your pizzas to be wood-fired. Margherita and seafood pizzas are the most popular pizza options here. Cibo e Vino is more than just a pizzeria. It also serves antipasti and other Italian culinary preparations. If you are getting pizza delivery from Cibo’s, order a plate of lasagna on the side too. You won’t regret it!
7. Sa-Mons - Sa-mons provides customers with freshly made pizzas from locally made bread. Their top-selling pizza is the bacon, cream and mushroom pizza. You can call for pizza delivery and sample Sa-Mons pizza. But remember that you will be missing out on their in-house ice cream productions if you don’t drop by in person.
8. Casa Italiana – Casa Italiana is a pizzeria located in Bophut. Besides pizzas, the joint also serves cold-cuts, coffee, and gelatos. When ordering food delivery from Casa Italiana, one must try their Ham and Cheese and Seafood variants. To enjoy the full experience of dining at Casa Italiana, start with one of their espressos, move on to a seafood/ham and cheese pizza and round off your meal with salted caramel gelato. If, for some reason, you are unable to come down to the restaurant, you can always avail their delivery service and enjoy their delicious pizzas, if nothing else.
9. Gusto Italiano – Gusto Italiano is a wonderful pizza outlet right by the beach. It serves up a delectable offering of pizzas, antipasti, pasta, cold cuts, salads, and soups. Of course, the pizzas are the crowning glory of the joint. The pizzas Gusto Italiano is best known for, are the salmon pizzas, Bufalina pizza, and Quattro formagi. The Bufalina pizza is made with buffalo cheese and is exquisite in taste. The Quattro formagi or the Four Cheese Pizza uses four different kinds of cheese to overwhelm your tastebuds in one slice. Gusto Italiano is also well-known for its dessert offerings. So, if you’re planning to avail pizza delivery from here, place an order for a tiramisu. It will make the perfect sweet ending to your indulgent pizza meal.
10. Dr. Frogs – Dr. Frogs serves an exciting range of pizzas. You can choose basic tomato and cheese options or travel further down the menu and sample yourself truffle oil and lobster variations. The pizzas here, are generally thin-crust and use freshly sourced ingredients. If you ever visit or get food delivery from Dr. Frogs, order for their Capriccioso pizza, filled with mushrooms, ham, mozzarella cheese, salami, olives and made with their signature sauce.
Don’t forget to try the pizzas in Koh Samui
Yes, definitely sample Thai cuisine when in Thailand. But remember, you don’t need to limit yourself to eating Thai for every meal of the day. Koh Samui, as do other tourist spots in Thailand, has restaurants and eating joints to cater to every possible kind of taste.
You can eat some delicious Indian and Mediterranean food preparations here. Similarly, the Italian food offerings in Koh Samui are not far behind. There are a bunch of Italian restaurants and pizzerias all over the island city.
Pizzas are no longer thought of as Italian food preparations. The ease and convenience of cooking them have made the cuisine an incredibly popular fast food choice around the world. So, it’s only natural that Thailand too will have its share of pizzerias.
You may not be able to try out all of these pizzerias in person. In that case, you can benefit from the delivery service made available by them and enjoy the goodness of their pizzas from your house/homestay/hotel room via food delivery.
Still tentative whether you should be ordering pizza in Thailand? We say, put your doubts to rest and try the abovelisted pizza delivery joints for yourself. Didn’t we say, the Italians themselves have vouched for the pizzas available in Koh Samui?!